Thursday, July 2, 2009

Remember Me?






I'm the one who has been on vacation this past week and still have not found time to update my blog. Shame on me. Thanks to Kat who has been ever so gently nudging me for an update. So this is for you Kat!




Found some time to stamp...of course in order for me to stamp I had to find my desk. Then one thing lead to another, and another. Pretty soon I'm going through all the drawers, bins, cardstock you name it....I cleaned it out. So now I'm all organized again. Time to mess it up! Made this Birthday card today. Just adore the little House Mouse stamps. I don't own any, but I have fun stamping with my friends stamps. Image was colored with Prisma pencils and blended with Gamsol. Ovals were cut using Nestibilities. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to cut the cardstock opening and the scallop layer, but I got it to work. I had to layer a large oval inside a scallop oval then place the cardstock on top made the "sandwich" with A, C and B plate and then ran though the Cuttlebug. That cut the oval inside the scallop oval. I have not made a shaker card in so long I had to really think about how I was going to do it. For an accent I used Crystal Effects on half of a wooden button and covered it with the same bird feed I used for the shaker. The trick to the button: add the hemp first for a tie then add the Crystal Effects then add the bird seed. Designer paper by Basic Grey Wassail.






So what have I been doing on my vacation? Little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing but I have been enjoying not going to work.






Have you heard the saying......Corn knee high by the 4th of July? Well my hubby's corn has that saying beat! Here I am in front of the corn patch. I'm 5' 4" so as you can see it's way higher than my knee. The scarecrow in the back was a new one that I got at Pat Catan's. Thank goodness they have there fall stuff out already, and working on Christmas stuff. Seems way to early!!!!!


I also wanted to show you my herb garden. It's growing pretty good and I have been able to use some of them already. We have also got two heads of broccoli, and a zucchini from the garden.
That's it for now. I have to go back to enjoying my vacation.......which I am........Need to stamp some more. My SU order will be in tomorrow. Can't wait. All the new In Line Colors and some new stamps. Glad the order is getting here while I'm still home from work. No weigh in this week. But check out the new number under my name.
Stamping Trails
Karen 197

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Cute card. I love the house mouse stamps. I don't own any either but I sure do enjoy what others do with them. Love the shaker with the birdseed.

sandyh50 said...

Woohoo Karen, you are in ONEDERLAND! I knew you could do it! Love your card and your garden looks great.

Stace said...

Karen,
so glad to see you are back and you deserve it! Your gardens look very nice too. We miss you at VC this. Hopefully next year you wont have to work as hard.