Monday, July 6, 2009

Would You Cut Up Your Catalog?





I would....and I did! I had this idea for the cute elephant birthday card shown here using Animal Stories, but I didn't order the Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper yet. Oh the horror!!!!





Anyway since I had an extra SU catalog and they have full sheet copies of the designer paper so you can see them in full size I decided to tear the page out of the catty and put it to good work! Now I wouldn't recommend this if you only have one catalog.



Recipe:


Animal Stories, Birthday's Count, and Sock Monkey Accessories stamp sets


Cardstock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo


Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie


Accessories: trio flower, modern label, 1/2, 1 inch, and 1 1/4 circle punch


gold brads, pop dots




I sponged the edges of the 1 1/4 inch circle that the elephant is standing on, just so it would pop out a bit more. Also added lift using pop dots. I just love how this card turned out!
Making a note to myself to order that designer paper!!!!
I'm headed out to work JOY! NOT!!!! I'd rather be home stamping.
Stamping Trials
Karen 197

1 comment:

Peggie said...

Wonderful idea about cutting up the catalog. Cut little nelliephant.