Saturday, September 24, 2011

Greeting Card Holders


I have a workshop coming up this Sunday for a church group. They want to make Christmas cards. While I have some make and takes planned for that I also wanted to show them a quick and easy way to give the cards they make as gifts.

These are very quick and simple to make holders. Start with a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock. Place cardstock on work surface 11 inch side at top. Fold in half. Open up lay fat again and fold up bottom at 2 1/4. Open back up. At this point you will need to cut a small "V" in the center fold. This will allow the cardstock to fold flat.


I did the closure in two different ways. One is closed with piece of ribbon wrapped around and glued down on the front and back. The other is held closed with a Velcro dot.


This snowman card is sort of silly I know. Just playing around the other day with crayon resist technique. I'll say one thing for it......It certainly is colorful!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: