Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bottle Cap Scissor Charm


Isn't this cool! I started out with one larger size bottle cap and fattened it by using the Big Shot. 
Next I inked up the background stamp from Postage due set in Marina Mist and stamped on vanilla cardstock. I then used Jet Black StazOn ink with the scissor stamp from A Fitting Occasion stamp set. I heat set the image then used a 1" circle punch to punch out the image. 
This was then glued down to the bottle cap and covered with Crystal Effects. After it was dry I used the Crop-a-dile to make a hole then used (gasp!) a silver eyelet. I know I can't remember the last time I used an eyelet but I wanted the charm to look more finished instead of just a bare hole. I added a ball chain to hang it from my scissors. LOVE IT! 
 
I've been having great fun this week playing with bottle caps. Lets see what else can I make? 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


1 comment:

Gigi said...

Cannot wait to do mine. Thank you.