Monday, March 4, 2013

Mailable Monday #1


I'm starting up a new feature for my blog called Mailable Monday. I'll be show casing cards with less embellishments and more stamping techniques that are easy to mail, but also a 'WOW" card. 

I've been seeing this technique going around. You first start with Crumb Cake cardstock and emboss detail stamps using VersaMark and white embossing powder. 
Next step is to add a few drops of Whisper White re-inker directly to the lid of the white ink pad. 
 
 

Using an aqua painter pick up some of the white ink and start to color in the image you stamped. I selected Secret Garden stamp set for my flowers. Continue to add the white ink until the image is colored. 
You can let the white ink dry on its own or speed up the process by using a heat gun. 



Next step is to clean the aqua painter and select a color for the image. I decided to use Cherry Cobbler. Paint right over the white ink. This creates a very nice washed out look. After all the coloring was finished I went back and added a bit more of the Cherry Cobbler ink just to define some of the petals. 


I did mask the flowers so I could stamp the leaves. 
Color pallet: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Wild Wasabi
Word Thank you is from Blooming with Kindness stamp set. 
I added some Cherry Cobbler seam binding at the top. Love that seam binding is so easy to work with and is very mailable! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: