Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hello There!


So I got to play with a new stamp set called Timeless Talk. 
This set is so me. It also has a vintage bike, and old Victrola along with two other greetings. 

Base card is Crisp Cantaloupe...this color is just so yummy! Edges were sponged with Crumb Cake.
Layer is black that I embossed with a new folder from SU holiday mini. 
Phone is stamped on Coastal Cabana. 
On the side pennants I used little black circle punches. I think they go well with the circles on the phone.

Well in an effort to get more healthy fat in my diet I picked up some avocados at the store the other day.
I was going to make avocado banana bread   , however I didn't have any ripe bananas. So what to do.....
Since I enjoy making smoothies I decided to whip up one using a avocado.
I first cut the avocado in half and scooped out half of it into the blender. Added 1 cup of un-sweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1 tbls dark cocoa powder, 1 tbls. brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 3 ice cubes.
Can you say yum? It was  thick and rich. Really hit the chocolate spot! By using 1/2 of the avocado the calories were 120. I know they are high in calories, but the healthy fat is good for you. I was reading about avocados being good for people with arthritis as they reduce inflammation. So that is another plus! I'm also trying to stop using artificial sweeteners so the brown sugar works. Calorie count isn't bad on that either one tablespoon is only 33 calories.


Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: