Friday, October 10, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday SSF101014


For today's sketch I used designer paper from the

Trim the Tree paper pack. 

Who said stripes and polka dots don't go together? 

Greeting from Great Greetings. 

Base card white. Layers are done with Early Espresso. 

I colored the ornament first with Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, 

and Night of Navy blendabilites. 

After the ink was dry I used direct to paper using VersaMark ink

then added clear embossing powder and heat embossed. 

I think it makes the colors pop even more. 

The center was done using 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch circle punches. These

were popped over the center of the ornament. 

I also used some rhinestones and a snowflake sequin. 

Want to see what the other designers have done with this sketch?


You are welcome to join in the fun and upload your own creation on the blog. 

Stamping trails
Karen

4 comments:

Terri said...

WOW, lots of work for this card, but it turned out great. I'm sure the card looks more awesome in person to see & feel the embossing done on the bauble.

Patrice Herrera said...

You really did a fantastic job on the coloring. You just proved stripes and polka dots do go together!

Krafting Karen said...

thanks ladies. While stripes and dots may work on cards...I still don't think I'll use them together while getting dressed! LOL

Texas JennyWren said...

Very nice card Karen. Oh my, I haven't even begun to think about Christmas yet. I guess I better get started soon. I love the stripes and dots together and the colors are so pretty.