Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Peppermint Patty Snowmen



All it wanted to do outside today was rain.....at the time I'm typing this...11:43 pm on Tuesday night it's still raining. At least it was in the 50's so it wasn't that cold. Could be worse...could be snowing. So because we have no snow I made these cute little snowmen. Are they not just too cute?!!!!! Made with different sizes of circle punches. Arms are made from Martha Stewart leaf punch. Hat is about 3/4 inch square and brim was made with window punch, eyes are black brads. The layers of circles are put together with pop dots.



Carrot nose was cut free hand long triangle using pumpkin pie cardstock. Circles edges are sponged with bashful blue.

I have a pet peeve.....York Peppermint patties are no longer wrapping there patties tightly so they are still a circle shape. Now they are packaging each of them in a square type wrapping. The only peppermint patties I can find now that still have a form fitting wrapper is Pearson. Pearson is good, but I still like York better. Okay I'm done whining.

I forgot to take my camera to the nursing home. RATS!!! The residents were so cute decorating the tree. They enjoyed it. Mom didn't stay to finish as her knees were bothering her. The staff take her out of her chair in the afternoons and let her stretch out in bed for a bit before they get her up again.

I'm making a pot of pinto beans with the left over ham bone from Thanksgiving. That should be yummy! Going to take some to Mom and her friend June. They both love it when I make pinto beans.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the Pearson peppermint patties individually wrapped in a circle at Sams Club - they are in a big plastic bucket.