Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Paris Paper Napkin


Would you believe this lovely card layer was made using a paper napkin?

My friend Kathleen sent me a package of beautiful Paris paper napkins

in our last swap, and I had to try out a new technique using them.


All you have to do is remove the two other paper plies from the

the top printed one. Then cut a piece of cardstock to the size layer you want. 

In the sample I used 3 3/4 x 5 vanilla cardstock. 

Next I took a glue stick and covered the entire surface of the cardstock. 

You have to make sure you get all the edges really well with the glue stick. 

Then take the napkin print side up and place on the cardstock. Smooth

it down and press well to get good adhesion. 

Then I turned the cardstock over and trimmed the extending napkin to match the cardstock layer. 

I tried cutting the napkin to size first but had trouble with it tearing. 

After that I used a white gel pen on the napkin to add some dots on the flowers, and 

finished it off with clear Wink of Stella. 


I really love this technique. Going to head up to Dollar Tree tomorrow and

check out their napkins as I know they have some pretty printed ones. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: