Monday, June 14, 2021

Rose Cover Ephemera Holder


 This beauty is a ephemera holder that I made for my friend Kathleen. 

She has received it now so I'm safe to post it. 

I just love the pattern paper I used for this project! 

Goes so well with the Tim Holtz pink rose ephemera. 

The spine was covered with lace. 


As we open the book we find a fold out section with large pockets. 

These will hold taller pieces of ephemera. 


I used card stock weight vellum to make the little pockets

on the pages to hold different sized pieces. Art Glitter Glue

used to secure the vellum strips. 


In this photo you can see how the ephemera fits into the pockets. 


I did have a bit of trouble with the glue showing through the vellum

on the darker pattern paper. To cover it up I cut down small strips of

pattern paper and glued it over the edges of the vellum. 


The back page of the holder also flips out to show two

more large pocket pieces. 


I used a piece of ric-rac to edge the piece

of lace that I used on the spine. 

Needless to say Kathleen loved her ephemera holder. 

I have to make one for me, as I really wanted to keep this one! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: