Thursday, June 17, 2021

Envelope Folio


 Now this was a fun project that I would love to make more of. 

It is a folio made using different sized envelopes. This one was made 

for my friend Kathleen, so I have her initials on the cover. 

I did lots of stitching on the pieces, and for most of them I left

the ends of the thread untrimmed. I loved the shabby chic look. 


Turning the first page to find lots of envelopes. All decorated of

course. I think I really have a love for decorating envelopes. 


When the envelopes are folded they provide 

great tuck spots. 


I love this mixed media design. 


So many places to hide things. 


I embossed the top envelope on the right with a script folder. 


Okay here I thought I was really being clever by adding

a belly band under the two flip out envelopes then adding

the two smaller envelopes to the band. 


Of course those two envelopes also flip out for more pockets. 


This is the back of the folio and when you turn that over.....


You guessed it. More envelopes! 


This really is like a never ending folio! 

Those two little envelopes on top of the pockets also

flip. 


See...told you they flip. 


Getting to the end here. With more pockets, and embossed envelopes.


I don't know what it is here lately with my projects. 

They are mostly made for swaps however I want to keep them all! 

Now my friends will tell me why don't you just make another one if you

want to keep it. Well I'll tell you I don't like to duplicate anything I make. 

I consider them originals, and one of a kind. Hope my swap partners

know that! I like to think I'm giving them something special. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: