Sunday, June 6, 2021

4x6 Little Garden Journal


 Sorry I have been taking a break from blogging. I'm 

still crafting, but it has been sidelined due to the kitchen remodel. 

We are now waiting for the quartzite countertop we ordered. 

They said 6 to 8 weeks due to the busy season. Guess everyone

is doing home remodels. Its been two weeks now since we placed

our order. Oh well hurry up and wait. Hubby has started putting down

the wood floor. Going to look so good! 

Okay back to the project. This is a 4x6 junk journal with a garden theme. 

Perfect for this time of the year. Hubby did manage to get the garden put in. 

We downsized it to half , as we are going to be just to busy with the remodel.

We have also been helping our son with his new house. John and Emily had a lot

of work to do in it. We helped them move last weekend. 


For this journal I used cream canvas that I got years ago from 

Old Time Pottery. They had a pack of it in different colors. The top is canvas, but

the other side is painted with matching color. Makes it really great for journal covers. 

Here I tried something new by adding flower beads to the spine. I love it! 


I'm going to show just a few pages from the inside. This

little shaker is actually a seed packet that my friend Kathleen sent me. Added

some stitching around the edges, and slid in a flower piece of ephemera. 


Here is the other side of that shaker seed packet. 

Added some washi tape along one side. 


This is a cone shaped coffee filter that I added. 

It creates a nice big pocket. 

The label I cut off a packet of tomatoes that I got

from the grocery store. You can also see the red mesh from the bag as I used a piece 

of that as well. They don't call these junk journals for nothing! 

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. Going to

be hot today, and I'm good with that! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: