Sunday, December 30, 2007

Love Card



Now this card I really had fun with! Base card is 5 x 5 Creamy Caramel cardstock stamped with Floral background stamp. The heart is a Sugarloaf See-D's stamp set called Hearts and Love. This was stamped on Whisper White with Jet Black StazOn then colored with aqua painter using Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy, and Old Olive. I layered the cut out heart on a white crocheted doily. The edges of the doily I shaded with the aqua paint and Creamy Caramel ink. This was then mounted on a 2 inch strip of Real Red and a strip of Old Olive. Love was stamped with Whisper White ink. I'm so glad I had time to go through my stamp stuff and found a bunch of doilies. Planning to use more of them on upcoming cards.


So here it is just a two days before the New Year. Time to stop and think about the year that is over. Where any goals met? Accomplishments? Sad times? Happy Times? I answered yes to all those questions. Will I set any New Year Resolutions? NO! I never ever keep them. I always start out with good intentions but never follow though. I work better without restrictions. There are plenty of guidelines, and rules to follow at my day job. My time off work should be free time. Time to relax, and enjoy myself. If I want to call my friends I will. If I decide not to make dinner I won't. If I want to clean the house fine, but if I'd rather use that time to stamp, play my guitar, or read a book...I will do just that. Time doesn't stand still for anyone. Looking back over the year I know I made myself crazy trying to join to many groups, doing to many swaps, and giving my time away for things I really didn't need to. Time my dear friends and readers is way to short. I think my reasoning is stemming from my brother's death earlier in the year. It's been a long painful and difficult year for me, and my family. I have tears forming just from thinking about it. And now that I'm reading what I just typed, my hand is really trying to reach the delete button. Words keep coming back to me from my dad..."Take care of yourself....cause no one else will do it for you" I agree with some part of this dad. You do have to take care of yourself, but I learned with this passing year that your friends and family will also take care of you when you really need them to. I can't count the number of phones calls made to my friends this year when I needed someone to talk to about my brother, or my mom who also had a very hard year. I do truly feel blessed to have such a good support system. So is any of this leading somewhere you ask? Yes. I do plan to take better care of myself this year. Not really going to stick to a diet, but will watch what I eat, and exercise more. I'll enjoy doing the things I take pleasure in. Music, reading, stamping, crafting, talking on the phone. So what if I have a less than clean house........so if you plan to come over please give me a call first as I might need to throw some things in the closet, or put the dishes in the dish washer!

Happy Stamping! May you have a blessed New Year!!!!

No comments: