Friday, March 21, 2008

Layered Rub On's


Thanks to my friend Kat I have plenty of SAB Rub On's. Now what to do with them?
I was working on a card earlier this week using Faux Dry Embossing Technique, then got to thinking........
Since the Rub On's came in Black and White I thought I could layer them.
First I adhered the black image to Not Quite Navy cardstock.
Next I cut the same image and layered over the black image,
but when I adhered it I moved it just a bit.
This created a nice shadow effect.

I enjoyed my day off. I made a turkey dinner that we ate at 1:00. I know sounds silly to have turkey today, but this way we can eat left overs all weekend and I'll be able to make turkey soup on Sunday. I'm also planning to make a small ham. Son John doesn't like turkey. Me....I love the stuff!

Me and hubby went to Archivers today. I needed to use my 30% off, and free cardstock coupon. Since my friend Lisa enabled me.....I had to have the bird set. (see card in previous post). I was good...my total was 17.87. I need to start watching my pennies. My stamping obsession is way out of hand!

Stamping Trails to you!!!

Oh I forgot.....We also went to Sam's, and bought a kite! Yes I said a kite! There is a large field behind the nursing home my mom is in. When the weather gets better we are planning to take her out so she can watch us re live our second childhood by flying a kite.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Karen,

That is sooo sweet that you are going to fly a kite and relive you second childhood for your mom. I know that she will love seeing you act like a kid again. It's always fun to see grown people act like kids once in awhile. Glad you're enjoying the rub-on's, I haven't played with them yet. Happy Easter!!! See you SOON!!!!
Love,
Kat