Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dabbling with Watercolor


I was playing a little bit yesterday. I should say late last night. I hadn't been feeling well so I took most of the day to nap or to read. Didn't really start to perk up till much later.

Anyway......I was playing with the watercolor wonder crayons and came up some ideas. For the Merci card:

Misted Brayer Roll

I scribbled Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, and Rose Red on a report cover. Next I misted Confetti White cardstock with water and also misted a brayer (with the hard rubber attachment). Next I rolled the misted brayer over the report cover to pick up the crayon scribbles then rolled it over the misted cardstock. I repeated this a few times till I got the color I was happy with. The flower image is stamped with Jet Black StazOn then colored with the crayons and blended with an aqua painter.



Misted Sponge Dauber

The next one is done using my new favorite stamp set Always. I stamped the heart with Jet Black StazOn and let it dry. Next I colored some of the image with More Mustard crayon. I misted a sponge dauber lightly with a mist bottle, then used a circular motion on the area I colored to soften the look. I repeated this with Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke crayons. Just love the nice soft look of both of these cards.

Happy Stamping

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Neat tutorial Karen now all I need are the crayons! I really like the effect you got. I saw mention to Pat Catan's I hope it wasn't the one I go to or left me something:)

Nettie