Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tried a New Technique


I managed to squeeze in just a bit of stamping time tonight. I have been busy this weekend. We had a graduation party to attend yesterday. Party started at 5 pm. It was for Skip's cousin's son Chad. First we picked up Skip's mom so she could also attend. On the way it just down poured! Sky really looked like it could have turned into a tornado. Thankfully it didn't. The party was good, and so was I! I made dinner before we left so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any food. I do have one question to ask my readers and follow readers who are also dieting......why is it when you tell your family your dieting that they insist on trying to feed you cake and ice cream? Sometimes I think family members just want you to stay the way you are weight wise. Anyway.....they did have a great cut watermelon filled with fruit, so I did have some of that.
Now getting back to the rain......Skip forgot to let our bedroom window down so.......when we got back a ton of water had came in, ran down the heater vent right into my stamp room! YIKES. The carpet was wet in the corners, the stamps on my shelves were all wet. Thankfully they were SU stamps and in the plastic cases. Some of my cardstock got a bit damp. Not much of it just some scraps I had sitting out. Two of my Barbie dolls were knocked down from the wall. What a mess!!!! So I'm still getting over the cleaning from that. Which really surprises me that I had time to stamp at all. But dang it all.....seems like I never find the time anymore.
Okay getting back to the new technique. This is from the new issue of the Technique Junkies
I've posted the link to Pat's blog. She has all the info about it. This technique is calling Twinkling Water Colors. I'm happy to have another reason to use my water color wonder crayons and twinkling H2O's! Stamp set is Petal Prints. Colors used So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, watercolor paper, and Basic Grey designer paper. Other supplies used, Cuttlebug, circle punches, Circle of Friendship stamp set.
I did get on the treadmill both on Saturday and today. I tried out some new recipes. Stuffed Cabbage, and stuffed chicken breast. I'm really enjoying pulling recipes from the WW site. Having fun trying different. things.
Thanks for all the wonderful support ladies!!! I've enjoyed reading all the comments. I'm drinking plenty of water!!!!
Stamping Trails!
Karen 263

2 comments:

sandyh50 said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Good job on trying new recipes.

Chris said...

Good luck on joining WW. Are you doing core or flex? If you stay focused, I think you will have good results.