Sunday, June 15, 2008

Long Day


I had a long day yesterday! We went to Archivers earlier in the day. I spent 50.00 so I got a free pack of designer paper. It's really nice. I picked up some more binders for my Bind It All. I bought a 12x12 pack of Boxer designer paper by Basic Grey, and I got something that I think will be fun to play with Crushed Velvet Flock.

I sat down and went though a bunch of different recipes from Weight Watchers. I picked out 6 and wrote down the ingredients I didn't have for them, and off I went to the grocery store. I was real good I stuck to my list, and only purchased the things that were on it. Plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meat, and a few other things that I had to get for hubby. He's not on the diet so he still wants his "fat" stuff!

I did try a new recipe yesterday. Sweet and Sour Meatballs. They were good!!!!

cooking spray, 1 1/2 poundextra lean ground beef

3/4 cup rolled oats

2 large egg whites

1 cup finely chopped onions

1 medium garlic clove minced

2 Tbsp dried parsley

2 tsp dried oregano

8oz canned tomato sauce

2 tbs Splenda

3 tbsp spicy brown mustard

1 1/4 chili powder

1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce

preheat oven to 350. Coat 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray

mix beef, oats, egg, onion, garlic, parsley, and oregano. Shape into forty eight 1-inch balls, place in pan. Bake for 25 minutes

While that's baking mix remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan. When meatballs are done transfer them to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over them.

I served these on top of brown rice, and a side of veggies.

It was pretty darn yum!!! One serving of meatballs is 4. Point value 2

After dinner I cleaned up. I'm finding it easier not to want to get any extra food if I clean up everything right away. I did get on the treadmill, and after that we went to the drive in. Our first trip to the drive in of the summer. We saw Hulk. OMG it was so much better than the last remake. We both enjoyed the movie.

Now I need to get dressed and go visit with mom for a bit. I'm really hoping to get in some stamping time today. With the cleaning, and the wash yesterday I didn't have time to fit any it.

Stamping Trails

Karen 265

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's flock?
Is that the fuzzy stuff ?
I've never used flock so I don't know if that's what it is.
Thanks,
Vera