Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Back!




Sorry I've been away so long. Many things going on in my life. I think I have it all sorted out now. Just been taking the time to get my priorities back in order. First off I'm leaving Stampin'Up! I needed to step away and focus more on me and my family. I'll still have my blog and still be making cards with lots of SU products. (you know I have tons of stamps from them!)




I joined Weights Watchers at work. Signed up Wednesday the 4th and already feeling good about the program. I'm doing there Flex Plan. It's something I can finally follow that won't make me crazy. I've already lost 5 lbs!!! YAY. I've been getting on my treadmill each day for 30 minutes which is also making me feel much better. Since I'll be doing the plan I'll be sharing with you my progress, and at the request of my friends will also be sharing some recipes.

Another thing that has been taking up some of my time is the farm. The company that I work for lets us use land to plant gardens. Dear hubby just loves this. That's him in the pictures tilling.
We also have a garden at home, but are using the farm to plant all the things that vine out and take over, squash, watermelon, and pumpkins. We also planted corn.
I had fun making the card. Lots of different things were used in it.
Oval Nestibilities, Cuttlebug, SU Time for You. Prismacolors, ribbon
window punch. Just lots of fun making!
Recipe of the day. YUM!
Honey Mustard Dressing - Makes 4 Servings. Serving is 3 tablespoons, 1 point per serving
1/2 plain fat free yogurt
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. honey
1 tablespoon fresh snipped dill
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
whisk ingredients together, cover, refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Whisk again before serving.
It's great!!!!
Till tomorrow!
Stamping Trails.
Karen 273



2 comments:

Lorie said...

Karen - It is good to see you back with a renewed sense of self. I'm sure you are doing the exact right thing and look forward to seeing more of "you" in the future! Good luck with WW...I'm on it right now and only have 3.5 lbs left to loose...you can do it! :o) Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I was a demo for SU also.
I had to leave because once I joined no one I knew wanted to buy scrapbooking supplies anylonger.
And I wish SU would allow us to stay demos without having to sell so much to stay active.
Great job joining weight watchers.
Wish I had the money to.
vera