Friday, June 24, 2011

Setting Sail Again




Wow I forgot how much I like my brayer! I used a really old technique for this card. VersaMark resist. Base card is Espresso, next layer white. For the next layer I took glossy white cardstock stamped the compass with VersaMark randomly then inked the brayer with Cajun Craze ink and rolled over the stamped images. The ship was stamped with black archival ink on watercolor paper. I started with So Saffron and using a water pen I made the circle for the sun. Rest was done with a watercolor wash of Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy. Word stamp is from Three Little Words. I think from all the Open Sea cards I've been making lately this one is my favorite. Love the colors!

Brunswick started its Old Fashion Days on Wednesday. Its a carnival they have every June. Anyway last night was the Fire Work display so me and Skip rode the bikes up to the high school and watched. Great as always but it was a bit chilly. About 60 degrees. BRRRR. Glad I wore my sweatshirt.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: