Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Morning Blues



Had the blues early this morning, and I'm sure it is because I want to drive to the nursing home and visit mom, but she is not here anymore.

So instead I drank some coffee and thought of her. She liked when I would visit Sunday mornings and bring her coffee, and breakfast. Most of the time I brought her McDonald's sausage biscuit, or Dunkin Donuts. Then sometimes I would make her salmon patties and biscuits. She loved those. Times spent with her are gone....and although I would love very dearly to have more time with mom I know it was her time to go home.

I borrowed Fabulous Florets stamp set by SU from a friend and I made this card today instead of driving to the home. Since my mood was blue the card reflected that. I used Pacific Point, and Daffodil watercolor crayons to color in the flower. I like that the embossing folder co-ordinates with the stamp set. Can't tell by the photo but I used a few dots of Smooch pearlized top coat on the center of the flower.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: