Saturday, June 11, 2011

VC Rockers Blog Hop



Hi Rockers, and my loyal followers! While I'm not officially part of the Big Shot blog hop I'm sharing my projects since I had them completed.

All of my projects used Flower Folds Big Shot die.

Supplies for card:

Base card White 5 1/2 x 5 1/2
Texture plate kit # 4 Weave plate
1 3/4 scallop circle punch
1 1/4 circle punch
itty bitty punch pack (used the circle for the nose)
window punch
scrap square white cardstock for hat, strips of red cardstock
red/white bakers twine
dimensionals
Flower Fold Die
black marker for eyes and mouth
cardstock: Night of Navy, White, Real Red, and Pink Pirouette



True to the name Flower Folds the petals do fold up. I used the smallest flower for the center with the word celebrate. Here you see the center of the flower opened up.



How cool are these flip flops? I wrapped the straps with red/white bakers twine. Then used felt to cut the flowers. For the flower centers I used Real Red cardstock and punched with Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. Held all the layers together with Antique brads. To attach the flower to the flip flop I added adhesive back Velcro circle to the top of the strap and one to the back of the flower. This way I can remove the flower and change it out with another color after the holiday is over.



And last but not least I wanted a hat to go with the flops. Found this white painters cap at the dollar store. Used more bakers twine to perk up the hat brim ( I just love bakers twine!) then attached the flower the same way I did for the flip flops.

Click on any of the images to get a closer look.

Thanks bunches for visiting my blog! Hope you come back and visit again.

Stamping Trails
Karen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great projects, Karen! LOVE the opening flower with the message hiding behind the petals - NEVER would have thought of that! Oh, & I'm totally CASEing your flip-flops - adorable! Sorry you got left out of the blog hop - your would have been an awesome entry!
:)
Gail

Dawn said...

What great ideas Karen! Thanks for sharing so many creative ideas for the flower folds die. Love how you folded up the petals to conceal the greeting! Thanks for sharing! Dawn

Tory said...

Awesome projects Karen! Love, love, LOVE the flip flops and the hat! p.s. you were my first stop on the VC blog hop this month. Hee hee.

Mary said...

Karen,
These are great. My daughter would love the flip flops and I thought the hat was very cool. Sorry you got left out of the blog hop but glad I was able to stop by.

Stace said...

Love the idea of velcro to hold things on! I was having an issue of something sticking. I am going to try that.

inkedx2 said...

Very patriotic projects. TFS.

Robbie

Stamper Shirley said...

Karen, I love your projects .. thanx for sharing these on your blog. Totally CASE-able items too!