Thursday, April 9, 2015

New Knee


So the surgery went well last Monday. The doctor told me 

that the knee was really bad. Which I already knew. From the amount of 

pain I was in I knew it was bad. 

This was what my leg was bandaged in when I woke up. 

Tons of batting that was wrapped with ace bandages. 

There was also a wrapping with a cold pack. This attached to an

ice chest that was changed out with new ice every 4 hours or so. 

I call it the elephant leg. They had me up and walking around 5 pm the same

afternoon. I was surprised I could walk at all but I did. 


Here I am in the hospital bed. Love the yellow wrist band that

reads fall alert. 


The "elephant" leg stayed on till Wednesday morning. 

This is a shot of the incision. I counted.....total of 18 staples. Which
 
will be removed on the 15 of April. 
 
Everyone who sees the incision has told me how great it looks. 
 
To tell you the truth while I was on the table getting the iv and checking
 
in for the surgery I almost changed my mind. Nerves I guess. I'm 
 
glad I went through with it, but I tell you its a long hard road and the PT is rough.
 
I don't know when I'll be able to get back in my craft room. John gave up his
 
bed for me as our bed is to high for me to get into. Him and Sarah cleaned out a lot
 
of the stuff in his room and put it in my craft room, so there is no way for me to 
 
get to anything. I'm hoping by next week I'll be good enough to get back into
 
my own room again. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: