Monday, April 19, 2021

Decorative Safety Pins Journal Tabs


 Here is something fun I made using fabric

scraps, and beads. These are tabs that can

be glued onto the sides of pages in a journal. 


Closer view. I think this is my favorite one. 

I first threaded beads, and bits of fabric onto a large

safety pin then closed the pin back up. 

Next I took torn strips of fabric cut to fit the width of the

pin. The strip was then folded over the bottom piece of the pin. 

For this one I also added two pieces of lace. They were just

layered over the fabric. 

Next step was to take to the sewing machine and sew along the fold. Trick

here is to get close the bottom of the pin, but not sew over it. Lesson learned! 


You can see this one after it was stitched. The 

folded fabric opens up, and you can put this over a journal

page to use as a book tab. 

                                                                          

  These remind me so much of the little things we made to be 

traded in Sarah's Girl Scout troop. WOW that is a blast from the 

past thinking about that! 




After the sewing was done I added some embellishments

to them. Resin, and fabric flowers. It just adds

a little something. 

If you didn't have a sewing machine you could hand stitch them, or glue the folded

edge to seal. 

Love them! I need to get some more silver safety pins. All I have

in the larger pins was the gold. 

Stamping trails

Karen 






No comments: