Friday, April 23, 2021

Teabag Collage


Well this is something new for me collaged teabags. 

All winter I've been saving, and drying out the teabags

from my daily cups of tea. 

Knew I could open them up and have them flat to use

in my junk journals. 


The collage work is sandwiched in between two layers of teabags. 

First I put one on the table then found some images I liked. 

Layered them up to make a collaged piece. 

Once I was happy with the layout I adhered them

to the teabag using Tim Holtz vintage collage medium. 

Went around the images with some walnut distress stain just

to add some depth to the collage. 

After adding another layer of the collage medium over the top the

second teabag went over it. Used the brush and more medium to seal. 


So happy with them. Want to make some more but

I don't have anymore vintage portraits to use. 

Thinking that I could add more embellishments to this. 

Maybe some pearls, lace, or ribbon along the bottom edge. 

Only a day and a wake up till I'm off to the stamping convention in 

Akron. Can't wait to spend the day with my friend Betty, and

find some crafting treasures at the show! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: