Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Master Board Completed Pieces


 Back today with another master board. This piece started

as a 12x12 piece of pattern paper. Used scraps of paper, ephemera, and

stamps to cover it. Most of the paper was adhered using modge podge. 


After the completed piece was cut I had nine pieces to 

work with. I cut to create one belly band, one pocket, 4 tags, and 3 

journaling cards.


All the cut pieces were stitched. I also used Tim Holtz 

field notes rub ons. I thought they went well with the botanical

theme of the master board. 


This is actually a double belly band. I added a strip of paper

ruffle in the center and attached a paper clip to the large rose so

it could be clipped on. 


Here is the pocket. Just added some cheesecloth, floral ephemera, and

word/bee is from the rub on collection. 

I forgot to say that I did use some distress oxide ink on the master board before

I cut it apart as I thought it needed a bit more color. 


For this tag I added a side pocket. Filled

it with some more floral pieces. There is also a strip

of paper ruffle down the side. You can see the oxide inks

more on this piece. 


Another tag. The large butterfly I left open at the top

so it could be used for a tuck spot. 

Added a tab, cheesecloth, twine, and small flower to decorate it. 


Journaling card. This also features a tuck spot

under the ephemera I used. Tab at the top is done the same way, as I 

did the tags. 


Another journaling card with a pocket. I was

having so much fun creating these! I made a little 

tag to go into the pocket. 


This is the smallest tag. Cut from the strip that I used

to make the belly band. 


Another tag. You can see the flower theme going in all

of these pieces. 


Journaling card. Left the top of the flower piece open

to be used as a tuck spot. 

So there you have them. Really happy with how they turned out. 

I have two more completed master boards to work with. 

May not get to them for a bit, as I'm busy working on some swaps

that need to be finished. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: