Sunday, December 12, 2010

Metal Wins Over Plastic



So here I am being a good little Elf and working ever so hard to get Sarah's Shrug made by Christmas and last night my hook broke. Snapped right in half. This one is from a set of plastic ones that I purchased. So I'm thinking got to make another Pat Catan run. Are you laughing yet Kat? I know you are......anyway.....I'm thinking I know I still have my original hooks that I had started to acquire when I first learned to crochet (in 4th grade...yes I've been crafting since forever!). So I went rummaging around and found them in a round toothbrush holder that I was using to hold the small steel hooks. Good thing I found them as I needed that F hook I broke, but I also need the small steel hooks as I came across another project that is going to keep me busy for the better part of next year. SHHHHHHHHH it's a secret.



So here is a picture of the shrug I'm making Sarah. I love the purple one shown in the magazine but not a color Sarah would wear much so I'm making her's charcoal.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: