Saturday, December 4, 2010

Top Note Post It Note Holder



My friend Kathy made me some of these holders last year for Christmas. I came across the Santa and Snowflake post it notes while I was cleaning and thought these would be cute to use in the holder. I was right! Started with chipboard and ran through Big Shot with Top Note Die. Next I took marker and went around the outside edge of the chipboard as I didn't think the bare chip board edge looked finished. Next I took Basic Grey designer paper and ran that with the die. Used two contrasting papers. You know by now my glue of choice is Tombo liquid glue, so I started by putting some on the chipboard then used a small square of scrap chipboard as a squeegee and spread the glue around adhered the paper to it then repeated the process for the back side of the chipboard. Covered a small bulldog clip with the contrasting paper that was used for the back, and clipped that to the post it pad. Last thing was to add the ribbon to the bottom. Liked the jingle bell on the Santa holder, and the silver snowflake on the snowflake pad. Thanks for the idea Kat!

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: