Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tea Light Candle Holder



Can you believe that Christmas is only a few days away? Getting pretty excited! There are lots of presents under the tree from my gal pals and they are just calling my name!!!

So to get my mind off the presents I made tea light holders yesterday afternoon. These were fun to make. I've decorated large candles before using stamped tissue paper but this is the first time doing it with tea lights. Take a 1 3/8 circle punch to make the prefect size circle for the tea light. Also had to punch a hole in the center of the circle with a 1/16 punch this allows the tissue paper to slide over the wick. Word of caution here....don't hold the tea light in your hand when you are heat setting the tissue paper. I put them on my embossing board. For those who might be asking what the heck is an embossing board I'll clue you in. I covered a piece of cardboard with tin foil and use that for all my embossing projects. It gives off even heat and makes the embossing go quicker.



For the cover of the box I used the 1/16 circle punch again and did a half punch on the edges of the cardstock so the silver cord would stay where I wanted it. Colors used Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, and Espresso.

Hey Lisa......Or Kat......these might be a good project for the Church Craft group. You can change them up for Spring, Fall or Winter. Let me know and I'll post the specks on the box and box cover.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: