Friday, January 14, 2011

Day at the Beach



Oh how I wish I could be at the beach....nice and warm with the sand between my toes.....doesn't hurt to dream.

This doll outfit whipped up pretty quick. Couple things gave me problems. The picture they showed for the cherries on her swimsuit didn't have a leaf. I thought it really needed one to make it look more like cherries so I added that. She was also suppose to have sandals but try as I might (several different attempts) I couldn't get it to work right. I think there must me a misprint in the pattern as it couldn't be me not getting the instructions. (LOL) But hey she's in a swimsuit does she really need the sandals? If she's anything like my kids were when they were little she doesn't want to wear shoes anyway!!!!

She really needs a beach towel so I may crochet one later or just cut a piece of terry cloth. I found the little kitten at Hobby Lobby while I was out yesterday with Skip. Was looking for a little bucket with a shovel, but didn't have any luck with that. Darn it all!

Think I'm going to put up the doll clothes for a few days. Need to work on my Valentine cards. I'm also designing for The Rubber Road again and I have to have my first submission completed by the end of the month.

Had a break from the snow only got another inch, but there is more on the way for the weekend. JOY!!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: