Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recycled Ribbon Tote and Pumpkin Spice Muffins.



How cool is this? Free ribbon tote. I'm sure you have seen ribbon totes around. They normally sell for 20 dollars or more. I got the idea to make this from a yahoo group I'm on. The tote held an Oil of Olay gift set that I got for Christmas. I put that tote away as I thought I'd find a use for it sooner or later. Well I got to use it sooner than I thought!



I used my Big Bite (brother to the Crop-a-dile) to punch the holes in all the sides of the tote. Then just added the ribbon. Just love it when I can turn trash into treasure.



I made Pumpkin Spice muffins yesterday morning. Wanted to share the recipe with you. Very Weight Watcher friendly as there is no oil or eggs added.

1 box spice cake mix (I use Ducan Hines)
1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup un-sweetened apple sauce
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Set oven at 350

Makes 24

Spray muffin pans with cooking spray...you can line them with paper liners but the batter tends to stick to the liners and you waste some of the yummy goodness.

Mix all together. I use a hand mixer...batter will be thick. Spoon mix into wells of pan and bake following directions on the cake box for muffins. YUM!!!!!


More snow is coming in tonight. Suppose to have lots of the white stuff. Glad I don't have to drive to work in the stuff anymore.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: