Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine Candy Favor



I spent most of yesterday doing some household cleaning. Skip was on day shift and took my car to work so I was pretty much stuck in the house till he came home at 3:30. I went out to Jo Ann's to pick up an item I needed for a project I'm making. Also stopped at Hobby Lobby again, and a quick stop at Wal-Mart to pick up some food. Doesn't look like I'll be running around this weekend due to incoming snow.

Isn't this candy wrapper sweet? I took a Ghirardelli square and wrapped a small doily around it. And what is that on the top of the scallop circle you might ask.....it's a fabric heart yo-yo. I think it adds an unexpected element to the wrapper. So easy to make with Clover yo-yo templates. Course I had to use some bakers twine around it.

I can't believe that the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still is celebrating it's 60th anniversary. They were showing the movie last night on AMC so of course I had to watch it. Love that movie. Classic black and white at it's best.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: