Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year *Recycle*Reuse*Card File



I've been cleaning out the junk in my house. Since the holidays are over and I'm not working at a day job now is the time to start cleaning out the clutter. Not only do I want to clean, but I want to get myself more organized, and I want to reuse items that normally would have been tossed. Here is a binder that was slated to be pitched but after looking at it and seeing all the dividers inside that already had pockets I'm thinking I can use this to create a card file for birthday cards.



I also found a big large pack of 12x12 designer paper that I got at Hobby Lobby, again years ago by Asparagus. It has tons of awesome papers that were just sitting on my paper rack gathering antique dust.



I kept it simple when I was covering the folder. I used Spellbinders dies for the cover and stamped "Cards" using Stampin'Up! Well Worn Alphabet. Another stamp set that has never seen ink till yesterday. And just between us the stamp set is still not put together. I only put together the letters that I needed. I know, I know.....I'm bad.



I just tied a ribbon around the spine, you'll remember this ribbon as I used it on the chipboard calendar and since it was still on my mess of a desk I decided to use it. I really like the inside cover. I used a clear sticky back envelope to hold postage stamps, and just a plain cream envelope to hold a note pad, and pen. Since I still had a few mini calendars I took them apart and used them on each divider. Instead of creating a pocket divider for each month I doubled them up so I just worked with the tabs that were in the binder, and still had two left over for the misc cards I have. Click on the picture to get a larger view of the tabs.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: