Saturday, January 22, 2011

Recycled Brad Container Gift Box



I knew if I kept the empty button and brad containers I'd eventually come up with a way to use some of the them.

This cute little gift container use to hold Stampin'Up! brads. I cut Asparagus designer paper it fit around the top and bottom of the box then ran double stick red line tape around outside lid and bottom. For the top and bottom I used Baja Breeze cardstock and the Giga scallop circle punch. I'm sure one of the scallop circle Spellbinders dies would work also. Stamp set by Ink-a-dink-a-do. Stamped him on the lid, but also stamped again on cream and popped it over the snowman on the lid. Mini glue dots worked really well to hold the scallop circles in place. Word stamp by SU!
I took a mini rust snowflake added just a few drops of Tombo liquid glue then dipped it in glass glitter. After that dried I tied it to the word layer.




I didn't have any brown shredded paper so I got a brown lunch bag ran it though my hand held crimper then ran that through my paper shredder. Crunched it up a little bit in my hand and TA-DA I had great filler for the box.






Here is a side view of the finished box.

Skip is working overtime today from 11:30 to 6. I'm going to drop him off at work then go visit my mom. It's been really freezing here in my neck of the woods. Hope my stamping friends are keeping warm!

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: