Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Ground Hog Day


Since I'm writing this up Tuesday night I have no idea if the groundhog will see his shadow or not today. I've been tossing around an idea for a card to celebrate the little furry guy so I found time to play around in the stamping studio yesterday afternoon. This is what I came up with. Large oval punch for his body and 3/8 circle punch for the ears. The rest is drawn in with a black marker. I did make his shadow a bit thinner to make it fit on the card. Inspired by Nature used to make the grass. Lattice Square embossing folder for the hill. Chocolate Chip cardstock used for his burrow. Words were printed out on the computer.


Inside card.

It was warmer again yesterday. Got up to 53 in my neck of the woods. Oh and speaking of woods....I saw a deer in the backyard yesterday morning. Since the first one we saw last May they having been coming back more often. I bet they are just waiting for me to plant sweet potatoes again so they can munch away. LOL

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

VickiM said...

I just love this card! What a cute idea! TFS!