Thursday, February 9, 2012

Take it to Heart


I must first say that the large bird from the stamp set Take it to Heart scared me. Wasn't sure how I wanted to add color to this large detailed image. So I took the cowards approach....shabby chic. I love shabby chic for me its a non perfect art form.

First I inked the stamp with basic black ink then stamped on a coffee filter. For the color I used Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, and Baja Breeze watercolor crayons. I applied these directly to the image then softened them by going over them with an aqua painter. While the image was still wet I threw on (yes I did just throw it on) some clear embossing powder, then heat set. I wanted a little more shimmer so I spritzed on some Tattered Angels iridescent gold glimmer mist. Filter was then crumbled up and glued on a heart shape piece of white cardstock. Last step was to sponge Chocolate Chip ink around the outside edges of the heart.


Here you can see a closer look at the bird image.

Sorry no post yesterday. Still feeling a bit under the weather. Hoping I'll perk up soon.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: