Monday, June 22, 2015

Mailable Monday # 111


This is not how I thought this card would come out. 

I started with watercolor paper and the swallowtail stamp. 

When I didn't get a clear image from the StazOn ink ( I just didn't

press hard enough) I decided instead of wasting what I already made to 

re-purpose it. I just randomly tore the paper. 


I then stamped the image again on a vanilla base card. 

Added the sponging to add some color. Then added some words with 

the dictionary background stamp. There is a strip at the bottom using Hello Honey and the 

hexagon embossing folder. 

The torn images I added on top of the stamped butterfly. 

There is a little strip of washi tape, and the greeting at the top

is from An Open Heart stamp set.

So what do you think? Did I save the card? 

I'm going to throw the rest of the pieces into my scrap bin. I may use

more of them on a shabby chic, collage card or project. 


With Father's Day yesterday I didn't get a chance to update my blog,

but I wanted to give a shout out to my best girl Kat. She's been on

vacation and away from home, but yesterday was her birthday. So

Kat I hope you had a great day. I know the family misses you and hubby Joe,

so hurry home!
Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: