Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Grandma's Quilt


This is a lap quilt that my grandmother Alice Booth hand stitched. 

I put the backing on and tied it. 


So cool to look back on vintage fabrics. My mom gave me a ton

of quilt tops that need to be quilted. Most of them she set up herself. Mom loved to 

piece and do the applique work but she did not like to quilt. 

I gave this one to my son John, since I thought he would like the colors mostly black, and 

dark designs. He told me he didn't want to ruin it so I'm going to fold it up and 

put it away for him till later. 


A few days ago I made a pan of baked oatmeal. This is something quick and easy I can eat 

for breakfast. 


I like to top mine with some lite vanilla yogurt. 

Here is the recipe if you'd like to make some for your breakfast.

1 egg
 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/4 extra virgin olive oil (the kind meant for baking)
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I use a heaping tsp cause I love the stuff!)

preheat oven to 350, spray 8x8 or 9x9 pan with cooking spray
Beat egg in mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and combine. 
Press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired. 
Bake for 25 minutes. Cool then cut into 9 squares. 

Stamping trails
Karen


1 comment:

Texas JennyWren said...

Hey Karen, Love your Grandma's quilt you shared. How wonderful that your mom gave you these quilt tops to complete. I love quilting also. TFS
txjennywren.blogspot.com