Friday, October 28, 2016

Christmas Embellishments


I've been working on some Christmas embellishments for 

a swap I signed up for. 

I have to make a total of 12 embellishments. 

This is the first one I did. Don't  know

if you can see it in the photo but there is a clear plastic

tag glued over the Santa. I then added the metal tag that

has the word "magic" on it. To finish it off I added the 

lace knot. 


Here is another one I did. The designer paper I picked up at Hollo's

was printed with these wreaths. I punched one out with a scallop circle punch. 

Sponged the edges with green then added the pearls and some wink of Stella. 

This was then mounted with pop dots over a larger scallop punch piece. 

This one was stamped with a script stamp, and edges sponged. I also glued

on some loops of very thin gold thread before the wreath piece was put on. 

Well two down only 10 more to go! 

I had a very nice surprise. Sarah called me about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, and

just wanted to drop over for a visit. We made dinner together and chatted. Always good

to see her. While she was here I got a call from the voting office. They

wanted to know if I would be willing to work at the polls on November 8th. 

I told them I would love to. I have to go to training this Saturday. They are also

putting me in charge of the other people working at the polls at my location. 

How cool is that! I've always wanted to work at the polls. Was going to do

it for the last election we had but didn't feel I was up to it so soon after I had

my knee replaced. 


People have been asking me how Cherokee is doing. 

She is recovering nicely. I'm taking her this morning to 

get the stitches out. Thanks for caring about my 4 legged

fur baby. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: