Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fall Themed Shaker Memorydex


I tried something different for this memorydex card. 

Instead of using cardstock I used patterned acetate.

After cutting two layers I stitched them together on the sewing machine, 

and added some sequins, and printed acorns like the one that is on the front. 

The leaves were attached with hot glue, and the clip art at the top finishes is off. 

Trading this with a girl on the Swappers Corner group. 

Rained yesterday so I didn't get out much. I did find a little pocket 

of time to take a walk around the neighborhood. 

Went to the library earlier in the week and borrowed Pioneer Girl, so

I spent time reading that. I don't know why that I always assumed that

the Little House on the Prairie books were true. I read them in grade school and

have always been a fan of the books then later the TV show (which I knew most was made up) 

My first memory of fractions was with one of the books. Remember when Laura and 

Mary each got a cookie, but they only half of the cookie and brought the other cookie home

to Carrie? Didn't seem fair that Carrie got a whole cookie and the other girls only got half.

The problem our teacher gave us was how to divide the cookie evenly between the 3 girls. 

I'll never forget that problem. Anyway getting back to the books no being a true account. 

Laura used some of her real stories in the book, but a lot of it was fiction. I didn't 

know that till I started reading Pioneer Girl. Of course it doesn't change my mind about the 

Little House on the Prairie books. I still love them. Mrs Wilder was a good author, so was

her daughter Rose. She was behind her mother writing the stories, and she also edited them. 

Okay I'm rambling on now. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: