Sunday, December 31, 2017

Beautiful Christmas Card, and Happy New Year's Eve


Happy New Year's Eve! 

The holidays are winding down, but I wanted to post a few more Christmas

related items. 

Just received this beautiful card from my friend Ceil who lives in TX. 

So many layers and textures. I just love it! Big thanks Ceil! 

How many of you know the words to Auld Lang Syne?

The Scots poem was written in 1788  Robert Burns, and was not actually

intended to be a farewell to the old year. It is stated that it is an old song, about olden times. 

Auld Lang Syne means "for the sake of old times". It refers to our oldest and dearest friends

in which we must always remember. I'm posting the words so if you'd like to sing

it at midnight you can impress your friends with your understanding of the song. 

This is the English version of the song. 

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne?

CHORUS:

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup!
and surely I’ll buy mine!
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand my trusty friend!
And give me a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

If you like to see the original version of the poem you can visit

this site where I found the information.

To all my dear friends, new friends, family, and my readers I wish 

you a very happy New Year. May you find health, and peace in the New Year. 

Stamping trails
Karen


No comments: