Saturday, August 24, 2019

Vintage Tatting Thread from Grandma Alice



A long time ago my friend Connie decorated this very large jar for my

birthday, and filled it with ribbon. 

I've long since used all the ribbon, but still wanted to keep the nice jar. 

My mom had given me a box full of thread that my grandmother Alice

use to tat with. There were even some tatting tools with the thread. 

Since I have the new stamping chateau/sewing room I decided

to display the thread in the jar. 

There are a few of Alice's projects on top of the heap of thread. I'll take

photos, and post those at a later date. 

Now I crocheted a lot of doilies in my day using crochet thread, but

it does not compare to how thin the tatting thread is that was used. Don't

think that is a craft I could ever master. My hat is off to my grandma Alice! 

Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: