Friday, January 25, 2008

Sympathy/Brownies/New Stamps



I made this card for a good friend who recently loss her step father. So sorry for your loss Kat. I'm also sorry this card is late getting to you.Please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers.
**********************************************************************************

We are having a pot luck tomorrow at my job. Now normally I would make a main dish, but just didn't want to lug a heavy crock pot across the parking lot. So....I opted to make a dessert. I made a recipe called York Peppermint Patty Brownies. I want to rename them to gooey sugar high! They are good but let me tell you they are no fun trying to cut and get them out of the pan! Here is the recipe if you care to give it a go

1 1/2 cups butter, 3 cups white sugar, 1 TB vanilla extract, 5 eggs, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 24 small peppermint patties

Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs till well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Blend well
Reserve 2 cups of the batter, set aside
Grease 13x9x2 inch pan. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties in a single layer over batter about 1/2 inch apart.
Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties. Bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes till brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

I took them out at 40 minutes and they were done. Check them as all ovens are different.





I stopped at Pat Catan's after work today and they have new See-D's STAMPS! I'm such a sucker for new rubber!! The larger ones are 2.97 and the small ones are 1.00 each. I had my son with me so I didn't get a good chance to rummage though all the bins of these stamps so I'll have to go back over the weekend when I can take my time and let my fingers and eyes take in all the new rubber! I'm telling you it's really a sickness!!!!

Happy Stamping
and Thank Goodness it's FRIDAY!!!!

No comments: