Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ooh La La


This card was made just for fun. Made the corset cards before, but one of my
girl friends suggested that I make a white one. So I stamped Paisley background
on Basic Black cardstock and then cut out the corset pattern. Which by the
way I had my daughter draw for me some time ago. Just added the ribbon for the
garters, and a little bit of fibers on the top to make it frilly. The words are
from a See-D's stamp set.

I made something really good. Have you ever had lemon muffins? I have never had them let alone ever made any. I bought a whole bag of lemons. I'm trying to drink more water and putting a lemon wedge in my bottled water really helps to perk it up. Anyway I'm getting off the subject. So I have this bag of lemons and I'm thinking I'll never be able to use them all just in my water so I did an internet search and came up with a great recipe for lemon muffins.

1 3/4 all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 TB grated lemon peel
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup lemon or plain yogurt
6 TB butter or margarine, melted
1 TB lemon juice
Topping:
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp grated lemon peel

In large bowl, combine the fist six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in pan. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. In a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins.

Makes nice large muffins and they are sooooooo lemony! Goes great with a cup of hot tea.

Till next time
Happy Stamping!

No comments: