Thursday, August 5, 2010

Christmas Card & Good Deed

I was in the mood to make a Christmas card today. After taking Skip for his tests I came back and stamped a little bit. The flower is the same pattern for the other card and project I posted but I used a bigger crochet hook so I got a larger flower. I also used embroidery floss that has light catching highlights in the thread. I don't think the camera picked that up in the photo. The stamp set is one of my favorite Christmas sets by SU! Yuletide Montage. Designer paper is Fruit Cake by Basic Gray. Image and base card uses shimmery white cardstock. This stock is wonderful for water coloring. Also used some Spellbinders dies. Used the out of the box technique to have the angel's wings pop out. Please drop me a comment and let me know how you like the card. I had fun making it.

Now for the good deed. I stopped at the grocery store earlier today to pick up some stuff for Skip. When I was putting my cart in the cart return I found that a woman had left her wallet in the cart. I took it back in the store to the courtesy desk and turned it in. I know if I had left my wallet like that I would have wanted someone to turn it in. I felt good about being able to help out.

Good day on the scale lost another pound. YAY

Stamping Trails
Karen 208

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Karen,
I'm so proud of you on the weight loss. Great job and I'll be woring this week on more encouragment cards. You are a truly wonderful person because I know that there are a lot of people that wouldn't have turne in the wallet. Way to go and rememeber that one day that good deed will come back to you. Love,
Kat