Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Thursday.....

and tomorrow is Friday....thank goodness! It's been a long week, and I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. Been so hot this week. I guess I shouldn't complain as I know in a few months I'll be complaining that its cold! Never a dull weather day in Ohio.

Didn't get to stamp today. I did make some peanut butter fudge. We are having a pot luck tomorrow at work. The recipe is a lower fat version but it still has lots of sugar in it.

1 can fat free evaporated milk
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons reduced fat butter
1 10 oz bag Reese's peanut butter chips
2 cups mini marshmallows

heat milk, sugar and butter let boil for 3 minutes stirring all the time. Remove from heat and add the chips and marshmallows. Stir till smooth. Pour in 8x8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Put in fridge for a few hours till set.

I'm also making salsa chicken. I have to put that together now and let it cook on low in the crockpot all night. That way it will be ready for lunch time tomorrow. For that I do:

3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 jar salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1 packet taco seasoning mix

Put it all in a crockpot on low for 8 hours. Serve with fat free sour cream and taco chips. YUM!!!

Stamping trails
Karen 208

No comments: