Saturday, December 17, 2011

SU Stars Blog Hop


Welcome to SU Stars Holiday and Winter Home Decor Blog Hop!

I made this bulge wreath for my hubby to put in his area at work. Just a little holiday decoration that was more on the masculine side.

I started out by cutting 2 1/2 squares of designer paper. I used Frostwood Lodge paper from the Holiday mini. You need a total of 14 pieces of 2 1/2 squares.
For the base of the wreath I used white cardstock cut using the scallop circle Sizzix die. After cutting the squares I ran them over the edge of my craft table to break the fibers a bit. Makes it much easier to roll the squares into the bulge shape. After rolling I glued them together using a low temp glue gun.



Here you can see how the completed bugles were glued around the scallop circle base. For the center of the wreath I used Cherry Cobbler punched with 2 1/2 circle punch. Stamped the deer from Nature Silhouettes in Early Espresso, and used simple masking to add the tree from Lovely as a Tree in Garden Green. Word "Merry" is from Tiny Tags, and inked with Cherry Cobbler. I added a bow using Early Espresso quilted satin ribbon, and gold antique brad. Hanger was glued to top back of wreath also using the quilted ribbon.

Finished size of this wreath is about 7 x 7.

Hope you liked my little part of this edition of the SU Stars Blog Hop. Up next is the wonderful talented Eileen LeFevre

I was number 3 on the list for this hop. If you'd like to start at the beginning please click here

Stamping trails
Karen

9 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous! And thanks for the mini-tutorial!

Carey said...

This is great and I love how masculine it looks. How fun you made something for DH to have at work. Thanks for all the fun Karen.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Welcome to my Stamping Blog! said...

Love your project Karen - very creative!!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Love, Love, Love your wreath. This is one of my favorite stamp sets....being from Pennsylvania. Very unique. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including a tutorial! I loved the fact that your wreath was quite masculine.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love these medallions. TFS!



Cynthia Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers and Aunt to 1 Marine

Shari said...

Love it!

Jayne Stenstrom said...

I've seen these wreaths before but didn't know how to make them. Thanks for the instructions!

mitz said...

...that is sooooo clever.. gotta try that idea.. ty ty ty
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom