Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recycled Box


I love how this little box turned out. Would you believe that this is built around the cardboard circle from a mini glue dot roll? Well it is. The top and the bottom of the box are made with designer paper and Espresso cardstock. I glued the designer paper and cardstock together using Tombo liquid glue. The circles for top and bottom are 2 3/4 inch. The circle for the top is scored at 1 1/4 inch to allow the lid to open.


Roses at the center are so easy to make. I first punched a circle in Cherry Cobbler cardstock using 1 1/4 circle punch, then I used the scallop circle punch over the hole and punched again. I cut the scallop circle ring open then curled it around my paper piercer tool. After it was curled it was glued to a 1/2 circle of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I'll try to get some pictures posted of this so you can see how it is done.


To keep the box closed I used linen thread that is looped around the flower/brad on top of the lid.

Stamping Trails
Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a super cute box and way to recycle!!

I wanted to answer your question about my message center but could not find an email for you. Anyway I used a lot of hot glue to attach my can to the sheet. I did not want it to fall off!!! I hope this helps!!

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Peggy said...

great idea...especially for us tree huggers!! TFS
Peggy
http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com