Monday, December 5, 2011

Tiny Bear


Is this not the cutest little thing? I just had a blast stitching up this little bear yesterday. Wanted know how I made her?

You will need the large scallop circle die, and scallop circle #2 die. Fabric of course. This one was made using Deck the Halls. The body is one fabric scallop circle cut with the Big Shot and scallop circle die, head is cut from the largest scallop circle from the scallop circle# 2 die, then you will also need 6 circles cut from the smallest scallop circle on the scallop circle #2 die.

Each cut scallop circle will then need to be gathered using needle thread and a running gathering stitch. Circles are then filled with polyester fiberfill and closed. I used hot glue to attach the circles together. Before attaching the feet I punched two small hearts from the heart trio punch using Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I stitched one to each paw. If you look at the head you will also see that I didn't stuff the ears. I did gather them like the other parts, but I flattened them out after the gathering was finished then glued them on.

Face is a 3/4 circle cut from cream felt and hand stitched in place. Straight stitch used to make the mouth lines. Tiny little black buttons used for the eyes, and a half round 5mm bead used for the mouth. After all that was done it was fun to tie on a cherry cobbler seam binding bow, (did you see that I even added a half pearl to the center of the bow),and lace ribbon for the bear's ear.


Side view. I sat the bear on a round SU container so you can see how small it is.


Close up of the hearts on the bear's paws. I got the idea for the bear on Shelli's blog.

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: