Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes


I am a big pumpkin fan, and I love pumpkin pancakes. So yesterday morning I made a batch so I could take my MIL some. Kate loves them.

I start with using 2 cups of Bisquick Heart Healthy mix. Add 2 egg whites, 1 cup of fat free milk, 1/2 cup of pure pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, dash of cinnamon, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk it all together, and cook on griddle. Makes 14 pancakes. WW point value 4, serving size 3 pancakes.


Don't they look good!!!! I top mine with unsweetened apple sauce and bit of powdered sugar. When I make a batch I'll freeze most of the them. For a quick dessert idea I'll heat one in the microwave then top with cool whip and some cinnamon. YUM!


I did get to stamp yesterday, even though the room is not finished (I'm wondering if I'll ever get it done at this point)!

Base card Always Artichoke, layers, Tangerine Tango, River Rock, and white. Paisley Petals designer paper used with large oval punch for the egg shell. Bird Builder punch for the little bird.

It was warmer yesterday got up to 73 so I took a bike ride. Let me tell you I felt like Mrs Gulch from the Wizard of OZ. You remember how Dorothy saw her riding her bike then the bike turned into a broom while the house was flying up into the twister? It was so windy yesterday it was pushing me sideways while I was trying to petal. At least it was warm, but oh did I ever get a workout trying to petal that bike!

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Pat Baker said...

Karen this is a THREE-FER! First the great pancake recipe - THANKS:-)
2nd the EGG - how CUTE is that?
3rd the mental image from the wizard of oz with you riding for all of your might in the wind! So Funny (although I bet you weren't thinking of that at the time!) LOL
Thanks for sharing!

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks for the comment Pat. Made me smile. Glad you enjoyed the post! And yes that mental image you had should have been funny....it was!