Saturday, March 3, 2012

50 Sucks and Kale Chips


Skip's cousin David is having a 50th birthday party today. So I made him this 50 Sucks gift. I purchased a basket and foam block from Pat Catan's. Glued the block into the basket, added some craftwood excelsior then stuck 50 Dum Dum suckers into it. The numbers and word I made with my Cricut using Opposites Attract cartridge. Scallop circles are from Sizzix.


Okay onto the kale chips. Since I'm back on Weight Watchers I'm adding some new veggies into my plan. I found this recipe floating around online and decided to try it. Started with adding a teaspoon of olive oil to a zip lock storage bag. Then added a pinch of sea salt, pepper, and some garlic powder. I washed two of the large kale leaves from the bunch then picked off the green parts and removed the harder stem. The pieces were shook in the zip lock and popped into a pre-heated oven set at 350. I let them bake for about 20 minutes. I couldn't believe how good they are! Gives a nice little crunch, and tastes great. Wishing now I would have tried it sooner. The recipe called for laying the pieces on parchment paper, but I didn't have any so I laid tin foil over the cookie sheet instead. Worked fine. Since kale has a mere 34 calories per cup the only thing I needed to count WW point wise was the olive oil. I'll be making them again.

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the idea, I'll definitely use it it!